Monday, April 25, 2011

Happy Easter!

I don't think, in the 15ish months I've had this blog I've ever gone three days without posting! So of course I feel terrible about leaving you all hanging. I'll reveal a little secret, here, though, which is that this is the last week of jujubebaby anyway, so perhaps instead of going full speed up until the very end I'll taper off a bit on my way back to a full time job and full time reality.

In any case, despite evidence to the contrary, I have not fallen off the edge of the planet and no great crisis has struck; we simply have been without internet at our new place on Majorca and I've been having too much fun with our friends to worry much about it.

We are renting a huge villa with two other couples and one other baby. Our bedroom suite here is larger than the entire apartment we were renting in Alicante, and the view from my bedroom terrace is this:


The pool, I'm afraid, is too cold to be tempting, but it is nice to look at and the sunbeds are getting some use. Also getting some use are the wine glasses and the xbox. In fact, H. was so energetic in his disco fever that he seems to have broken a toe. It is all black and puffy and from the way he has been limping around you'd think his whole leg will need to be amputated. You know the xbox games are good by the fact that he continues to dance battle it out for first place with the sketchy foot.

I can't say it is easy (getting up with my toddler three hours before the rest of the household) but it is worth it because I can think of no better way to end our year than with good friends and cheap wine. Our friends have a 38 foot sailboat in the marina four minutes from our villa, so with sunny weather in the forecast we can all look forward to taking the party offshore. If only there was a way to hook up the xbox on the boat...



3 comments:

Living with Bugs said...

what? end of jujubebaby? it cannot be...you have some trick up your sleeve huh?

NMjewel said...

More pictures, please! How can a blog NOT contain a picture of juju?

pops said...

the verdict is in, 100% want more. Just cause you will have a job doesn't mean the rest of us do:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...