Tuesday, April 19, 2011

x-factor

So what to two unemployed, striving minimalist, anti-consumerists, with a dwindling bank account and no luggage space, do when they are bored?  Buy an Xbox, of course!

No, really.  We did.  H. took a taxi to some electronic megastore and came home with an Xbox Kinect.  It´s the competition to the old fashioned Nintento Wii.  Dude, Wii is soooooo 2009.  Don´t even talk to me about Wii, maybe if you have a facebook account you think it´s cool.  Coincidentally, also soooo 2009.

I´m not quite sure yet how we will get the thing home, because it is pretty heavy and our suitcases were already at the "please step away from the check-in counter and remove two kilos from your bags" stage when we arrived in Alicante.  Juju has an extra pair of crocs she doesn´t need, but they practically have a negative weight, so that won´t help.

Whatever.  The point is, we are now serious gamers owning a serious "seventh generation" gaming console.  The first thing I noticed when I packed myself like a sausage into my spandex work out clothes and popped Dance Central into the machine was that I am sooooo not "seventh generation".  I fit in better with the first generationers.  Because while I love the idea of sweating to the oldies, Dance Central is all Lady Gaga and 29 other hip hop artists I´ve never heard of before.  Way to make me feel old, fat, and uncoordinated in one go!  And when I woke up this morning after a late-night hour of trying to keep up with Poker Face, I could hardly bend over to pick the LEGOS off the floor.

So far I love Kinect, even when it sneakily takes photos of you in unflattering positions and saves them to a library I have yet to locate (please, god, let that library not be online).  I think it is unbelievably cool that you can use voice commands and that you just swipe your hand in the air to select on-screen choices.  There is even a game where you "fly" by flapping your arms and dang, does it have me looking like a stupid grinning idiot because it is tons of fun.  I have the pictures to prove it.  Somewhere.

5 comments:

NMjewel said...

You're right. I wouldn't have guessed. But your friends will be entertained too! So jujuj gets the iPad.

NMjewel said...

Btw, where's the gaming room in your mini-mansion? Lol

Pops said...

here's an idea. How about an itsy bitsy play house for just toys and gadgets that couldn't be tossed out during the 1000 items campaign:)

Torill said...

Feel free to send it to us if you can't get it home. You have our address ;)

Amber said...

I want one now!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...